For Immediate Release
February 4, 2015
WHO: The National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS), which represents state officials from across the nation, will hold its annual winter meeting from February 10 to February 13 at the JW Marriott Hotel in Washington, DC. NASS President Kate Brown of Oregon will preside over the meeting.
WHAT: This year's conference will address current programs and policy topics in elections, business services, state heritage, digital records management, international relations and more. The association will also honor former Rhode Island official Paul Caranci as the 2014 Margaret Chase Smith American Democracy Award recipient for political courage and announce the national finalists for this year's NASS IDEAS Award, which recognizes excellence in state member office programming.
A full meeting agenda is available online HERE.
WHEN: February 10-13, 2015
WHERE: JW Marriott Hotel, 1331 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20004
- Bipartisan discussions on lessons learned from the 2014 election cycle and new state policy initiatives for 2015 involving voter registration, overseas and military voting, funding for elections, state certification/testing of voting systems and preparations for the 2016 presidential election cycle
- Luncheon remarks by U.S. Senator Roy Blunt (R-MO), Chair of the Senate Rules Committee, and U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
- Presentation of the 2014 Margaret Chase Smith American Democracy Award for political courage to former Rhode Island official Paul Caranci and announcement of the national finalists for this year's NASS IDEAS Award, which recognizes excellence in state member office programming
- Update on activity related to the U.S. Election Assistance Commission
- General Session: State of the States 2015, featuring participants from the National Conference of State Legislatures, the National Association of Attorneys Generaland the Council of State Governments, as well as moderator Louis Jacobson, Deputy Editor of PolitiFact and State Politics Columnist for Governing
- Discussion of Trends and Issues Impacting State Business Climates and Business Opportunities by Kiplinger Associate Editor Pam Prah
- Issues and Advocacy Group Networking Breakfast featuring remarks by Democracy Fund President Joe Goldman
- An expo hall featuring companies showcasing products and services that assist state government agencies, including the latest technology and tools
- Introduction of new Secretaries of State who will be attending the conference
TO CONFIRM ATTENDANCE: Contact Kay Stimson, 202-624-3528 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
GET OUR APP: Download the free conference mobile app MyEvents2Go, available for Apple, Android or Windows-based mobile devices.
FOLLOW US: @NASSorg. Meeting hashtag is #NASScon.
MEDIA CONTACT: Kay Stimson 202.624.3528 or email@example.com