For Immediate Release
July 1, 2015
WHO: Lieutenant Governors and Secretaries of State from 34 states will gather in Portland, Maine on July 9-12 for the annual summer meeting of the National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS).
NASS President and North Carolina Secretary of State Elaine F. Marshall will preside over the meeting.
WHAT: NASS conference sessions will address current programs and state policy topics in elections, business services, state heritage, digital government, international relations and more. On July 12, the association will also induct its new slate of officers for the 2015-2016 cycle, featuring the installation of Louisiana Secretary of State Tom Schedler as NASS President.
A full meeting agenda is available online HERE.
A listing of all NASS Committees and Committee Chairs is available HERE.
WHEN: July 9-12, 2015
WHERE: Holiday Inn by the Bay, 88 Spring Street, Portland, ME 04101
- Bipartisan discussions on state programming and policy initiatives for 2015-2016, including voter registration and digital learning
- A traveling exhibit commemorating the 800th anniversary of the Magna Carta, sponsored by the Maine State Archives and Maine Department of the Secretary of State,and hosted by the Maine Historical Society (489 Congress Street)
- Luncheon remarks by former U.S. Senator George Mitchell and retired U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Travis Mills, founder of the Travis Mills Foundation to assist wounded or injured military veterans
- Presentation of the 2015 NASS IDEAS Award, which recognizes excellence in state member office programming and the announcement of the recipient of this year's Margaret Chase Smith American Democracy Award for political courage
- Workshop on the future of voting featuring the U.S. Vote Foundation's initiative on End-to-End, Verifiable Internet Voting
- An expo hall featuring companies showcasing products and services that assist state government agencies, including the latest technology and tools
TO CONFIRM ATTENDANCE: Contact Kay Stimson, 202-624-3528 | email@example.com.
TO DOWNLOAD CONFERENCE APP: Download the free conference mobile app MyEvents2Go, available for Apple, Android or Windows-based mobile devices.
FOLLOW US: @NASSorg. Meeting hashtag is #NASScon.
ABOUT NASS: Founded in 1904, NASS is the oldest, nonpartisan professional organization of public officials in the U.S. Members include the 50 states, the District of Columbia, American Samoa and Puerto Rico. NASS serves as a medium for the exchange of information between states and fosters cooperation in the development of public policy. The association has key initiatives in the areas of elections and voting, state business services, digital archiving, international relations and state securities regulation, as well as several well-established awards programs.
MEDIA CONTACT: Kay Stimson 202.624.3528 or firstname.lastname@example.org