For Immediate Release
February 4, 2016
WHO: The National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS), which represents U.S. state and territorial officials, will host its annual winter meeting from February 10 to February 13 in Washington, DC.
WHAT: Thirty-three state and territorial Secretaries of State, their staff, federal officials, corporate affiliates and association representatives will meet to discuss state programs and policy topics in elections and voting, business services, state archives/libraries, digital records management, international relations and more.
NASS President Tom Schedler of Louisiana will preside over the meeting.
A full meeting agenda is available online HERE.
WHEN: February 10-13, 2016
WHERE: JW Marriott Hotel, 1331 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20004
- Bipartisan discussions on federal and state policy initiatives for the 2016 presidential election cycle
- Panel on voter registration advances, featuring California Secretary of State Alex Padilla, Washington Secretary of State Kim Wyman and West Virginia Secretary of State Natalie Tennant
- Presentation of the Margaret Chase Smith American Democracy Award for political courage to civil rights activist/attorney Fred Gray of Alabama and announcement of the national finalists for this year's NASS IDEAS Award, which recognizes excellence in state office programming
- Panel on how states are staying ahead of the voting technology crisis, featuring the National Conference of State Legislatures, U.S. Communities and the U.S. Election Assistance Commission
- Issues and Advocacy Group Networking Breakfast and civic technology workshop sponsored by the Democracy Fund, featuring Pennsylvania Secretary of State Pedro A. Cortés and USAGov, Democracy Works and Center for Technology and Civic Life
- Presentation on enriching the pool of quality business data led by Minnesota Secretary of State Steve Simon
- Update on new challenges in business identity theft by North Carolina Secretary of State Elaine Marshall
- Best practices in public outreach and media relations panel, featuring participants from the Colorado, Louisiana, West Virginia and Vermont Secretary of State offices
- Presentation on Citizen Archivist Initiatives and Open Government by the National Archives and Records Administration
- International relations programming presentations from the and Sister Cities International
- An expo hall featuring NASS Corporate Affiliates showcasing products and services to assist state government agencies, including the latest tools and technology
TO CONFIRM ATTENDANCE: Contact Kay Stimson, 202-624-3528 | email@example.com | Reporters need press credentials to attend.
GET OUR APP: Download the free conference mobile app MyEvents2Go, available for Apple, Android or Windows-based mobile devices.
- Website - www.nass.org
- Twitter - @NASSorg - hashtag #NASScon
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/National-Association-of-Secretaries-of-State-NASS/17949954131
Founded in 1904, NASS is the oldest, nonpartisan professional organization of public officials in the U.S. Membership is open to the 50 states and all U.S. territories. NASS serves as a medium for the exchange of information between states and fosters cooperation in the development of public policy. NASS also offers two membership sections for state government professionals: Administrative Codes & Registers (ACR) and Notary Public Administrators (NPA).
Media contact: Kay Stimson, Dir. of Communications | 202.624.3528 | firstname.lastname@example.org